om grown mama
prenatal teacher training
This 85-hour program taught by Jessalynn Hakanson, E-RYT 500, RPYT, LMT will prepare participants for the joys of teaching yoga during the childbearing year, and offer the tools and techniques necessary for integrating prenatal and postnatal yoga into their community. Within every woman is the intuitive wisdom to create, nurture, and transform and this curriculum will provide an inspired path of teachings. The teachings are rooted in the divine feminine creative power that will empower women for the transformation of childbirth and motherhood. We will explore the art of sequencing postures, pranayama practices, mantra and meditations allowing a mama in bloom to create a source of strength and confidence in the natural process of birth, nurture a supple body while it grows to accommodate the life within, and transform into motherhood by connecting to the growing spirit of the baby in bloom.
Om Grown Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training will be divided into two modules
- Perspectives on prenatal and postnatal yoga related to the classical teachings of yoga with an emphasis on the eight limbs, embracing the spiritual dimension of yoga as well as the physical discipline and pranayama practices
- Human anatomy & physiology for the childbearing year
- Energetic and physical alignment considerations for mamas in bloom specific to each trimester
- Postures and techniques that encourage pelvic floor connection, capacity, and strength
- Overview of potential benefits and outcomes through prenatal and postnatal yoga
- Postures, breath work, and meditations that cultivate a nurturing source of strength and confidence while empowering the transformation in pregnancy and birth with grace
- Traditional yoga philosophy and the eight limbs applicable to lifestyle and well-being during the childbearing year
- Observations in psychological and emotional changes during the childbearing year
- Various methods, approaches, and models of care for the childbearing year
- Practice and teaching methodology specific to each trimester of pregnancy and postpartum period
- Various class formats for the beginning and/or advanced student during each trimester
- Class options and workshop formats that could be offered during the childbearing year
- Class formats and considerations for the “4th trimester”, postpartum, and om grown mama & baby bliss
- The relevance of holding a supportive space for educated, empowered, and intuitive choices in pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood
$1,000 for both modules, if payment is made in full 60 days prior to the first module start date.
$ 550 per module, first installment due 30 days prior to module 1 & the second installment due 30 days prior to second module.
$ 575 per module, first installment due 10 days prior to module 1 & the second installment due 10 days prior to the module 2.
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
No cash refunds.
When applicable, refunds will be credited to your Sanctuary Account and may be used for classes, workshops, teacher trainings or boutique purchases.
Registrations for all event types without payment cannot be guaranteed.
Payment for all event types must be made in full on or before first session of the event, unless alternative payment options have been arranged in advance with Sanctuary for Yoga
No refunds will be issued after the workshop/training begins. No refunds will be given for no-shows.
Cancellations seven (7) days or more before start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable deposit, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary Account.
Cancellations in the six (6) days prior to start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable deposit plus 10% (of total training cost) Administration Fee, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary Account.
Cancellations within 24 hours of start date
Total cost of training minus the non-refundable registration fee plus 25% of total training cost will be deducted, remaining balance will be credited to your Sanctuary account.
Saturday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Be a certified yoga teacher (at the 200 hour level or above) OR complete Sanctuary for Yoga 200-hour Teacher training program
Attend, participate, and complete the Om Grown Mama Prenatal YogaTeacher Training program and requirements
After completion of both modules, graduates must also teach 30 hours of prenatal yoga before they may register as RPYTs with the yoga alliance. These specified hours of prenatal yoga must be taught after completing the Om Grown Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Immersions.